Sunday, April 15, 2012

Assignment - Week 2


  • Create a list of all users that may visit your site (not from the WWW but those you’d invite).
    • Colleagues
    • Portfolio Reviewers
    • Job Application
    • Continuing Education

  • What will each of those users want to see in order to enjoy their visit to your site?
    • Easy to Navigate, well-designed portfolio website that shows my projects to review, qualify my deisgn and technical skills.


  • Name your intended audience (the person(s) you need to persuade.)
    • Architectural or Interior design firm.

  • Describe what you need to inform and persuade them of:

    • Promote my: Qualification for Employment
    • Goals of the site are: Successfully designed and present my skills
    • My ultimate message/philosophy (about who you are): Design Philosophy?
    • What is the story you are telling? Biography/About me

  • Write a 200 word concept statement based on the user, your persuasion, navigation and the assets.
    • My portfolio website that I am going to be build through this quarter, will help me to present myself what I am capable of. This website will be a good reference to introduce myself and to review my projects for further employment. First, this website will tell others who I am, representing my personality and my interest as future Interior Designer. Second, my resume will attached as well for more informations such as educational background and skills. Last, major studio projects are to be shown in this website with  variety skill set in Residential and Commercial studio projects.

  • List the assets you need to persuade the user: Which 7 (minimum) projects? scans of what?, photos of what objects? images from what computer graphics program? what descriptive text? list them.
    • NKBA Kitchen Project
    • Guemes Island Residential Project
    • Wrestle Maniac (Retail Store Project)
    • NW Venture Law PLLC (Law Firm Design)
    • Senior Project (Japanese Zen Cafe)
    • Construction Document (Fremont Library Renovation)
    • Revit Architecture
    • MISC (Hand Rendering, Sketches and Architectural model making)

  • For the purpose of structuring your website portfolio pages, list the categories of work you will show. (for a Photographer, for example, it may be portrait, product, sports photography categories).
    • For the purpose of constructing my portfolio website is to qualify my design and technical skill in Architectural or Interior design field. Here in my portfolio website, categories going to be my bilbiography, maybe printable link to resume, projects and contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment